[Foundation-l] WikiLists solution (was: Transwiki wars, precedence, and the fate of user-compiled lists

ilooy ilooy.gaon at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 20:05:42 UTC 2005

Hi all,
Why not create a separate wiki for Lists,
call it WikiLists and allow the archival of
all sorts of lists on whatever anyone wants
to make a list of, be it disaster victims,
Restaurants in the Chicago area, Languages
spoken in the Amazon jungle, who knows
what will be useful to someone else, and
the nice thing about it is that it could serve
as a reference for other wiki projects where
long lists aren't so welcomed ... I remember
running into a problem with vocab lists when
Wiktionary in English was first put online.
Lists are definitely useful to some people
and definitely good resources when you
might need such a thing on whatever subject
your interest is.

So WikiLists would be an excellent project
and would resolve the dispute. With interwiki
links one could very well take advantage of
a nice project like that I would think.

With sincere regards,
Jay B.