[Foundation-l] Officially protesting against GerardM being thecontactperson withregards to kennisnet

Walter van Kalken walter at vankalken.net
Thu Jul 28 10:53:04 UTC 2005

Sabine Cretella wrote:

> Did you ever hear about conditions in contracts? about written and
> oral agreements? do you know why normally agreements

..... skip .....

> words considering the kind of language and espression you are used to
> use.

You have never really had to deal with gerard extensively in him
representing your project. I am not the only one with these feelings. I
am the only one currently opening about it.

> Please just shut up now and if you have requests make them in a
> written mail and with a clean language.

Demands? this is plain xxxx (censored words) . All communications I had
sofar with you Sabine are through mail so I do not see how that would
change it is not as if I talked with you on IRC or something else.

> Otherwise no-one will ever read your mails anymore I suppose.

That would only make the situation more difficult wouldn't it? My
situation and feeling would be unanswered which would mean it wouldn't
be solved, which would mean I would get more pissed off. These emails
would have never been send in the first place if Gerard would have
communicated, I have quite a couple of editors on nl: who feel the same,
Gerard doesn't communicate. If I was the only one .... I would be a
fool, but I am not.

> I just had a glance at your last e-mail-opera - the only thing you are
> trying to do is to miscredit and not to figure out things - a
> behaviour that is not ammissible to me (and maybe also to others).

Not to figure out things? I have been trying to do that for months and
if the subject in question is either not answering or talking around the
subject in order to try and avoid having to give an answer it is
becoming really difficult isn't it.

> And don't make me go further - my mails can even be more kind than
> this one.

Be my guest.

> Now fist of all I want
>
> a) an excuse to all contributors of the wikimedia projects

I am sorry? You want me to publicly humiliate myself because you and
Gerard share the same ideas and work together intimately?

> an then it is considerable that
>
> b) you send in a "clean and gentle" mail about what you think and want
> (and I mean this)

It was send, I do not like mangling my words, I say them straight as I
think.

> c) without any aggressive tone

My mails are never meant aggressively.

> d) you go and learn what the word discussion means

I know what it means, part of it involves the other party actually
answering your questions.

> Otherwise: consider your mails not to be read anymore (there's a nice
> function in any e-mail softare - so called filters and a neat place
> for undesired mails: the trash-bin)

I could become sarcastic here.

> I suppose I understood the why of such a behaviour - and this has
> nothing to do with the projects itself, but with ego.

Great psychological insight, any more descriptions of my character?

> What I found out is that you are a stweard, right? (as you can see, I
> do my homework) and as such this behaviour is really something
> unbelievable and unforgivable.

Yes and you are on Italian wiktionary mainly. A steward is a technical
function only. It is not a representative function. I am not abusing it
in away, nor am I refusing to fullfill anyone's request. The function
description of being a steward doesn't say anywhere about me having to
be politically correct nor to have to forfeit my own opinion. If you do
not want a person who says what he beliefs in and stands by it, than
simply do not vote for me.

> Best wishes,
>
> Sabine Cretella
>
> (and please note: I do not sign this mail with "Sabine" as usually -
> and I don't use "ciao" - this means this mail has a very definite
> meaning)

Well have a good day to

Walter/Waerth