[Foundation-l] Commons copyright violotion and OTRS

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 18:39:13 UTC 2005

Hoi,
On OTRS I received a complaint that some photo's were taken from a
website. As the photo's were located on Commons, I informed the
gentleman to go to the Commons administrators. In this case they were
world war II photo's of machine guns. I told the gentleman that even if
the photos were taken from his website, it would not matter when the
photos are already in the pubic domain.

The question, as it is not possible for a Dutch admin to remove photos
from Commons and as it has no impact to remove the pictures from an
article, is it correct to refer this gentleman to the Commons admins or
is there / should there be a procedure for these issues.

Thanks,
    GerardM