[Foundation-l] External site using Wikinews logo

Samuel Klein 2.718281828 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 19:25:20 UTC 2005

> > That seems rather uncalled for.
> Protecting copyright is uncalled for?

Considering the origins of that site, and the people using it, your
reaction is a bit on the touchy side.

> I'm not sure how that justifies a private site using a
> copyrighted Wikimedia logo without permission.

Private in the loosest possible sense.  And what does it mean for a
project people are still working on to be 'dead in the water'?  In any
case, I would feel better about this thread if it had been started by
someone with no private bone to pick with said site operator; but you
don't like him at all.  Perhaps you can find someone else to help you
advocate your points.

SJ