[Foundation-l] External site using Wikinews logo

Angela beesley at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 16:32:57 UTC 2005

On 7/18/05, Dan Grey <dangrey101 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> There's a private site using the Wikinews logo here:
> http://wnn.fm8x.net/index.php/Main_Page
>
> I understand that permission was "sought" in some way
> from the board for this. I'd really like that
> clarified, if possible.

Permission was not granted (nor sought) for the logo. I said on the
Wikinews and Foundation mailing lists last month that this should not
even be called "Wikinews Network" if it were not an official Wikimedia
project. Unfortunately, no one ever made any comment in that thread as
to whether this should or should not be an official part of Wikinews
or an official Wikimedia project.

Angela.