[Foundation-l] Re: Proposal for a new project: Wikipedia Historical Atlas

Ashibaka ashibaka at comcast.net
Sun Jul 3 04:47:40 UTC 2005

Sorry for spoofing myself as the Wikimedia user Menchi, that was an old
nickname I had before Ashibaka.

Erik:
>  First of all, I'm not convinced this needs to be a separate project

Well, some sort of SVG map tool could just integrate right into
Wikipedia, but that would make quite a mess with articles or even
namespaces trying to coordinate the maps.

Come to think of it, the amount of programming that would have to be
done on this makes it seem like a full-time company job. Since I'm not a
programmer, maybe I should just wait on the other two mapping projects
first.

Ashibaka