[Foundation-l] Concern with performance issues

Robin Shannon robin.shannon at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 00:32:30 UTC 2005

Two questions; does anyone have first hand knowledge of what they have
done on other major open-source projects (ie linux, openoffice.org,
mozzila etc?) How do volunteers and non-voluteers get on there. Also
if tim or brion, or any of the other really core developers are
reading this thread what are thier thoughts (as they are the ones who
will be most affected).

and finnaly an observation; contracts might be right if we were
employing them to do a specific thing, but i see that something far
more useful, would be someone whos core purpose was a facilitator. as
in, they would be making sure the 7 machines which are currently out
are working, that all the hardware is documented, that what ever the
latest emergency is, does not affect the editors, or take up developer
time. For this a more permanent type of employment is useful.
Obviously the person, should share a belief in our mission (and the
general opensource mission), and perhaps, they should be employed on a
contract for the first month or so to see if we are happy with them or
not, but after that a wage would be best.

paz y amor,
[[User:The bellman]]

--
hit me: robin.shannon.id.au
jab me: saudade at jabber.zim.net.au

This work is licensed under the Creative Commons
Recombo Plus License. To view a copy of this license, visit
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/sampling+/1.0/