[Foundation-l] comparison between Encyclopaedia Britannica and Wikipedia (German)

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 15 12:56:50 UTC 2005

--- Sabine Cretella <sabine_cretella at yahoo.it> wrote:
> Well I suppose it is time to go "back to ordinary" functioning of
> Wikipedia (anonymous users can create articles - this is even easier to
> check to my opinion - just switch off all registered users and have
> special regard to anonymous page creations).

The Nature study looked at articles that Britannica and Wikipedia share. Those are much, much more
likely to be widely watched and linked. Articles on fringe subjects and semi-famous people and
places will not have as many eyeballs on them. Seigenthaler was one such semi-famous person. So
the Nature study proves nothing in regards to where we have our real problems.

-- mav