[Foundation-l] comparison between Encyclopaedia Britannica and Wikipedia (German)

Sabine Cretella sabine_cretella at yahoo.it
Thu Dec 15 11:44:05 UTC 2005

http://www.golem.de/0512/42221.html

well ... this is why page creation by anonymous users is not so bad ...

And why it is impossible that Encyclopedia britannica needs to proof and
reproof each single word it writes

http://www.golem.de/0512/42221.html

"both" encyclopeadias - this means even that one that according to our
infos needs to proof every single word - has the same amout of critical
errors in the same articles only in different places ... - hmmmmm .....

considering that Encyclopedia Britannica is 237 years old and Wikipedia
only 5 .... hmmmmm ....

(sorry I don't have time to translate this article - maybe there's an
English one around as well???)

Well I suppose it is time to go "back to ordinary" functioning of
Wikipedia (anonymous users can create articles - this is even easier to
check to my opinion - just switch off all registered users and have
special regard to anonymous page creations).

Ciao, Sabine