[Foundation-l] Jimbo's fantasy...

The Cunctator cunctator at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 04:13:23 UTC 2005

On 12/12/05, Delirium <delirium at hackish.org> wrote:
> Kyle Lutze wrote:
>
> > On a more general note, it would be really cool to get more paid
> > people onboard, such as Tim Starling, and some editors that'll
> > complete stubs. maybe even some sort of bounty system for the articles
> > that could use being done but nobody wants to do?
>
> Paying editors is another matter.  In principle I would support it, but
> we have to be *very* careful that it doesn't cause all sorts of
> collateral problems, from people gaming any sort of bounty system to get
> paid for crap work, to distortions in the community that might cause
> greater harm than the paid writers help.  It's not impossible to do
> right, but I think it may be hard enough to not be worth it.

I've got an idea: when you come up with an idea that would
fundamentally change the nature of Wikipedia, why don't you just get a
group of people together to start a fork?

I honestly do wonder how long it will be before the first Great Pedia
Fork takes place. I've found the standard germ time for idea cycles to
overturn is about 7 years, which means that we've got another three
years to go...