[Foundation-l] Jimbo's fantasy...

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Tue Dec 13 04:10:24 UTC 2005

Kyle Lutze wrote:

> On a more general note, it would be really cool to get more paid
> people onboard, such as Tim Starling, and some editors that'll
> complete stubs. maybe even some sort of bounty system for the articles
> that could use being done but nobody wants to do?

Paid developers, sure.  Someone needs to make sure that the money is
being allocated where it's needed (buying hardware versus developing
software, and if the latter, what software and who), but there isn't any
sort of huge problem with it.

Paying editors is another matter.  In principle I would support it, but
we have to be *very* careful that it doesn't cause all sorts of
collateral problems, from people gaming any sort of bounty system to get
paid for crap work, to distortions in the community that might cause
greater harm than the paid writers help.  It's not impossible to do
right, but I think it may be hard enough to not be worth it.

-Mark