[Foundation-l] Anons cannot create pages on english wikipedia?

Anthony DiPierro wikilegal at inbox.org
Wed Dec 7 22:07:37 UTC 2005

On 12/7/05, Delirium <delirium at hackish.org> wrote:
> Daniel Mayer wrote:
>
> >And that is two actions instead of one to remove patent nonsense (at least double the work). Thus
> >it makes sense to limit the amount of patent nonsense we get (and thus that effort could be used
> >somewhere else). Not allowing anons and newbies to upload images limits the amount of crap images
> >we have to deal with.
> >

> But new page patrollers have had a consensus for a while (this was
> previously discussed on the list) that this was never a major burden.
> At any given time, 2-3 patrollers could deal with the stuff that came
> in.  Often, when I did new page patrol, I was actually a bit bored by
> the slow rate at which crap articles I could delete came in at.  This
> seems like a solution in search of a problem, if that's the supposed
> problem it's addressing.
>
> -Mark

Maybe new page patrol needs to be more about researching and improving
new articles and less about "deleting crap".  The article that started
this whole discussion wasn't "crap".  It wasn't "nn cruft" or
"vanity".  But it did have some serious problems that could have been
resolved if more time was spent researching it.

I'm not saying this to lay blame, after all new page patrol is a
volunteer effort so any help is better than nothing.  But if you're
ever "bored" I can think of a few million things to do, things that
are more important than "deleting crap" anyway.

Anthony