[Foundation-l] Re: Research access to logs

Tobias Denninger wiki.tobi024 at xoxy.net
Mon Aug 15 18:21:53 UTC 2005

Hello..

..I think it could be useful to compute the probability an article B is read on
condition that another article A is read whithin a short timeframe before from a
specific reader. Based on this probabilities suggestions could be made to the
reader of a specific article which articles could be also interesting (maybe a
kind of collaborative filtering or Amazon's "Customers who bought this book also
bought.."). Subscribed user could offered personalized recommendations based on
the computation how probable it is that an article is of interest to that
specific user who read those articles. I'd be interested in implementing that
idea, so as a first step I'd be interested in a sample log file with a size of
some Megabyte.

Tobias