[Foundation-l] Re: Expanding CheckUser permissions

Walter van Kalken walter at vankalken.net
Sun Apr 17 19:32:23 UTC 2005

>That's a good idea! Add it to [[m:CheckUser]] ;-)
>
>Since the community hasn't added much that's solid or elegant in the way of
>guidelines for my non-dev use of the function, I plan to add outlines for
>my future use of the function to m:CheckUser and see who screams. Something
>along the lines of "any strong suspicion of sockpuppetry to violate ArbCom
>ban or restriction" as well as the current criterion I use, which is
>"well-founded suspicion of sockpuppetry in current ArbCom case" or similar.
>And see who screams and how loud.

This is difficult. It could only be implemented for the english pedia.
As it would be impossible for say someone from the Japanese pedia to run
for this as he/she would be unknown outside their own projects. This is
also the reason why the vote for boardmembers will result most probably
in two people from en.wikipedia being choosen.

Waerth/Walter