[Foundation-l] Re: Wikinews II

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 31 11:24:37 UTC 2004

Erik Moeller a écrit:
> Anthere-
>
>>- that rules be collectively worked on, so that
>>concerns voiced by non-supporters are taken into
>>account. For this, I hope that many editors join the
>>future project so that we all work on it.
>

> Obviously; however, many of the objections were not "actionable", that is,
> they did not refer to any specific policy, but to the project as a whole
> as being undesirable. Any actionable objections shall be discussed in the
> usual wiki manner.
>

>>I would suggest that we try to contact some
>>interested journalists and possibly have them join a
>>sort of advisory board. What do you think ?
>

> Advisory as in giving advice - absolutely. But not in setting the policy
> or being called upon to arbitrate matters of user conduct.

Absolutely. As I wrote "advisory".
Deciding policies is community matter and arbitrating is something
totally uncalled for anyone but a collective knowing community life and
rules very well.

That would be a bit like when Jimbo discuss with those defining
licences. They know licenses issues very well, and can both teach us
relevant things, as well as be influenced on how to work on free
licenses issues.