[Foundation-l] wikinews and other stuff

Rebecca misfitgirl at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 10:15:29 UTC 2004

Wikibooks is a collection of textbooks. People aim to write textbooks.

They don't aim to directly teach people, nor do they aim to directly
learn things. They don't undertake courses.  This is where Wikiversity
comes in.

I would also disagree with whoever suggested that you couldn't have
class discussions as part of a Wikiversity model. I think that could
definitely work, though pracs and the like would be near impossible.

Please, just give this a go. I'm going to have a lot of time this
summer, and it'd be nice to use it to help get this project started.