[Foundation-l] wikinews and other stuff

Sj 2.718281828 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 09:54:25 UTC 2004

Just a few examples :

Video. Course materials such as problem sets, exams, etc.  There would
be an extra layer of interactivity for some of these things; login to
take an exam, receive questions randomized from a large list, take a
timed test, and see your score afterwards.  Public reviews of
submitted work.

There's a lot that can be learned from a public review -- be it a
review of code, a problem set, a translation or proofreading effort,
aa research paper or a page of creative writing.  And even more can be
learned from masterclasses -- experts coming to review the work of
talented contributors.  Most of this can be captured on-wiki.

Much of this is temporal, unlike the content in most books.   And
while all content (even an encyclopedia or dictionary) could be
captured between the covers of a book, this does not make wikibooks
the right place for all other wikimedia projects.

+sj+