[Foundation-l] Re: Project proposals on meta

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 14 09:30:59 UTC 2004

I generally agree with Erik on this. Editors added their project on meta
  (or more generally, on one of wikimedia projects), and it should stay
on meta.

As far as I know, Wikicities is not a wikimedia project, and I see no
reason why we would move there information which was given here. At
least no more reason to move it there rather than anywhere else.

Meta is meant precisely to receive such information and proposal. I
object to information be disseminated on several wikis, in particular on
projects which are not ours.

Of course, that does not mean the content of the page can't be copied on
wikicities, and become useful over there. But it should stay on meta,
because it is one of the goal of meta to welcome brainstorming.

This said, the meta page needs clean up so that we can distinguish
between projects which just do not fit our goals, and others potentially
interesting later on.
We could welcome rough polls for each project, and do a short meeting to
decide which ones to move to an archive.

Anthere