[Foundation-l] Re: Wikimedia Communs

Christopher Mahan chris_mahan at yahoo.com
Wed May 26 14:22:21 UTC 2004

--- Michael Snow <wikipedia at earthlink.net> wrote:
[large snip]
> I see discussions all the time on the mailing lists that are
> basically
> conversations involving a very small handful of people. I don't see
>
> anything wrong with that, any more than there's anything wrong with
> two
> people engaging in a conversation on a talk page, which is equally
> public. Whoever is interested can always join in, and I'm happy to
> shift
> between my limited selection of languages to accommodate other
> participants.

I agree with you Michael. Sometimes it is easiest for someone to
express themselves in their mother tongue.
The mailing lists are archived so they can be translated later on.
Semi-private convesations should be on mailing lists too, because
they are archived. This allows for better understancing of issues in
the long run because more of the thoughts that went into them are
available publiclcy.

Furthermore, we're all grownups (or some pretend to be) so let's not
bicker.

Peace and WikiLove, man.

=====
Christopher Mahan