[Foundation-l] Re: [Wikipedia-l] MediaWiki 1.3

Ulrich Fuchs mail at ulrich-fuchs.de
Sat May 22 07:23:35 UTC 2004

Am Samstag, 22. Mai 2004 03:01 schrieb Brion Vibber:
> Andre Engels wrote:
> >>A list of new features is at
> >>http://meta.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki_roadmap
> >
> > The status of categories is not clear on this page - is it not included,
> > or is it included but are you (meaning the developers) still working on
> > improving it?
>
> Categories are functional, but there are improvements yet to be made.

Well actually, unless the supercategories don't display the articles of there
subcategories they are pretty useless. Eg
http://test.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Canine should display [[Poodle]]
somewhere, since Poodle is in the Dog category. Actually, this functionality
is what we need the categories for ("show me all actors", "show me all
artists", "show me all persons"). Without that working, I wouldn't call the
category feature "functional".

Uli