[Foundation-l] Wiktionary, general thoughts

Timwi timwi at gmx.net
Sun May 16 16:51:51 UTC 2004

Tomasz Sienicki wrote:

>  No; for example in the Polish Wiktionary we have the following rule:
>
>  a Polish word -> translation into all languages
>  a non-Polish word -> translation into Polish only

Ah, I see. Yes, that makes better sense. There's still some redundancy
in it because the translations from a Polish word into all languages
would include a translation into English which would also have to be
added on the page about the Polish word in the English Wiktionary, but
I'm happier with that.

I hope that convoluted sentence made sense.

>>Am I the only one who thinks this is unbelievably redundant?
>
>  You're not.

Oh, good :)

So, uhm ... I suppose people should really get together and agree that
this policy should also be pursued on the English Wiktionary (and
possibly all others too). Otherwise the incredible redundancy will even
be complemented with outrageous inconsistency. :/

Greetings,
Timwi