[Foundation-l] A question to all board candidates...

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Sun May 30 14:25:00 UTC 2004

Anthere-
> I would blush in shame to ask them 10 dollars to have
> the opportunity to help when 10 dollars is the average
> monthly revenue of a person in that country.

I absolutely agree with you, and that is why I have strong reservations
about any dues system and have made "no special privileges" part of my
election platform. This especially refers to special privileges over
Wikimedia content or project organization.

Part of the reason I am candidating for Contributing Member Advocate is to
prevent us from screwing things up too badly in that department. What I
could support is an official list of "Wikimedia Sponsors" that is
prominently linked, analogous to the page history for content
contributors. Maybe contributing members could also set tasks in a bounty
system, but only because they'd be the ones footing the bills.

Regards,

Erik