[Foundation-l] Re: Funding for the newly elected Board Members

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 21 19:45:38 UTC 2004

--- Delirium <delirium at hackish.org> wrote:
> I don't see how this is the case.  They have currently, to my knowledge,
> made next to no contributions as board members, as the board has just
> been constituted within the past week.

And if they cannot attend meetings due to an inability to pay travel expenses,
then they will continue to not make

> As far as making contributions as Wikipedians, that is true of many
> people: certainly at least 100 or so.  And as far as I know, we haven't
> reimbursed any of them, and there aren't any immediate plans to do so.

Volunteering time to create articles is one thing, paying travel expenses for
board members to attend meetings is very different. They are not comparable
and also note that the board members would *not* be paid for their time to
attend the meetings, they would be reimbursed for any direct expenses they paid
to travel to and stay at the meeting site for the duration for the meeting.
They would *still* be volunteers and would *not* be making any profit - just
like the rest of us.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)