[Foundation-l] Funding for the newly elected Board Members

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 21 17:05:38 UTC 2004

--- epzachte at chello.nl wrote:
> Doiny any serious programming for $100 is almost equivalent to doing it for
> free. What incentive would that be?
>
> If we would pay serious money for any software activity our current cash
> reserves would be gone in no time.
> At the moment developers are rewarded with an occasional 'thank you'.
> Singling out tasks that are important
> enough to pay a token sum, would only muddy the waters.

Why not just provide direct links to the PayPal accounts of every active
developer who has contributed x amount of code on the Foundation's fundraising
page? Kinda like a tip jar. I was planning on asking the developers about this
soon anyway.

And/or we could also have a separate software development PayPal account that
we could offer bounties from (the current PayPal account would be for general
fund expenses - mostly server related). On top of that, we could have a legal
defense fund account as well.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)