[Foundation-l] Copyright issues of wikimedia projects

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 1 22:15:15 UTC 2004

--- Erik Moeller <erik_moeller at gmx.de> wrote:
> Mav is a reasonable person and he would never use his influence or power
> in the project to unilaterally enforce his point of view. The rift in
> opinion between "copyleft" and "attribution-only" likely exists across the
> whole Wikimedia community. A project-wide vote may be useful.

Thank you Erik.

Even if I did have that type of power or influence (which I do not have and
will not even if I am elected trustee), I would not ram something through in
direct opposition to the community's wishes. That would only alienate many
people and possibly fragment the whole project. However, I will continue to
argue my position when I see it is needed. If I am overruled, then so be it,
I'll just make sure my opposition is on record.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)