[Foundation-l] Re: fundraising page - shouldn't we note what we are aiming for?

Erik Zachte e.p.zachte at chello.nl
Fri Jul 30 06:21:44 UTC 2004

Daniel wrote:
"So do you have anything other than snide remarks to add? ;)"

If you mean, do it myself, no, I'm afraid not, pretty busy. But I see
prospective developers from time to time ask how they can contribute. This
would be something that does not require intimate knowledge of MediaWiki
internals, so I'd say give it a try.

"The person creating it would have to be *very* trusted and their bot code
vetted for security purposes."

I wonder, many developers write applications which will need to run in a
secured environment, so much so that they don't get access to the live
version themselves. They test it on a fake account. Standard practice. Yes,
an audit would be wise.

Erik Zachte