[Foundation-l] Re: fundraising page - shouldn't we note what we are aiming for?

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 30 05:46:53 UTC 2004

--- Erik Zachte <e.p.zachte at chello.nl> wrote:

> Daniel wrote:
> "We might want to consider putting a bounty on creating a bot that could do
> that."
>
> I can't help but notice that our CFO repeatedly feels the urge to spend
> money where other options have not been exhausted (or even tried) ;)

I simply want results and I want them fast. Creating a process by which donors
get near instant feedback that their donation was counted and helped push us
toward a goal will generate many times the money any bounty would cost.

I'm also not at all keen on trying to attempt to do this in anything but an
automated way (esp since it would be *me* that would be attempting to be a
bot).

So do you have anything other than snide remarks to add? ;)

-- mav