[Foundation-l] Wiki Translations of Greek/Roman/XYZ classics

Viktor Horvath duke586 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 20 15:06:40 UTC 2004

Hello Ray,

>Your edition management and pdf conversion ideas are interesting, but
>should probably be deferred until after we have accomodated translations
>and annotations.

Of course, the two-pane layout and annotations are the most important. The
pdf conversion can wait, yes. But I think the edition management is
essential; at least, the possibility of two translations to coexist is
essential, as one cannot imagine that all the translators agree on a
specific translation.

>All we need is for some developer to be sufficiently inspired by the idea.
>Until then we just need to be patient, and limit ourselves to the
>occasional friendly reminder to make sure that the idea does not get
>forgotten.

OK, thanks! It's much more comforting not to wait alone :-)

Have a nice Christmas,
Viktor.