Fwd: [Foundation-l] e-gold proposal

Dori slowpoke at gmail.com
Sun Dec 12 15:11:36 UTC 2004

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 07:15:34 -0500, Douglas Jackson <djackson at e-gold.com> wrote:

> The link to the e-gold site isn't essential or required. Its
> just a way to capitalize on the likelihood that many members of the Wiki
> community never heard of e-gold before. That would be good for you because
> if they visit the e-gold site by following a link structured like
> http://www.e-gold.com/e-gold.asp?cid={your account number} and end up
> eventually creating an e-gold account and using it, a portion of all e-gold
> payment processing fees generated by their subsequent usage would
> automatically be distributed to the account you designate. It is a permanent
> entitlement. Whatever these new e-gold users do over the years, whether
> buying stuff online (as more prominent merchants eventually undertake to
> accept e-gold), paying bills, or using it for international remittances,
> their activity would still be generating revenue for the Foundation.

If it's only a link in the donations page, while making sure that the
arrangement is fully explained and that there are no legal problems
with the non-profit status, then it's a matter for the board to decide
I would think. Personally, I seriously doubt there would be that many
people who would make use of it to generate any significant funds.

--
[[en:User:Dori]]