[Foundation-l] Re: [Wikipedia-l] fundraising for new hardware? Fwd: [Wikide-l] Spendenaktion für Hardware?

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 14 02:54:32 UTC 2004

--- Marco Krohn <marco.krohn at web.de> wrote on Wikipedia-l:
> Christoph Lange asked (posting attached below) on the wikide-l mailing list
> wether there will a fundraising drive shortly before Christmas. He argues
> that while it is possible to donate money anytime that it would be more fun
> to do this within a concentrated fundraising drive and also that people
> around Christmas time are in a donation mood :-)

I plan to be the coordinator for our Q1 2005 fund drive sometime in mid January
to early February. The timing will likely coincide with Wikipedia Day and
perhaps the 500,000th English Wikipedia article and maybe some other milestones
along with distribution of the newsletter. I never considered having a fund
drive right before/during the winter holidays...

-- mav