[Foundation-l] Memorial Wiki

Sj 2.718281828 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 21:09:43 UTC 2004

Can someone set up another db as a memorial wiki for non-9/11 memorials?

I just took a refreshing dip in the VfD drainage pit, and was reminded
that we still have no
place for the scads of well-intentioned memorial pages and obits of
people who have been
deemed too unencyclopaedic for WP, making exception for th victims of 9/11.

There have been many different discussions about setting up a
Wikimorial or some alternately
named memorial wiki -- I think this would be an excellent idea.  It
hurts noone, can be clearly
identified by skin and disclaimers as distinct from WP, and will
provide a place for people who
are interested in a genealogy wiki (cf. [[m:Wikifamily]]) to start
putting information.

I regularly see VfD comments of the form "transwiki to memorial and
delete"; where do those
end up at present?  There are a number of non-9/11 memorial transwikis
listed at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Votes_for_deletion/Old , but
not nearly as many as
have passed through VfD in recent months.

+sj+