[Foundation-l] Re: Wikimedia Foundation Website

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 4 07:03:43 UTC 2004

So much as I would like this site to be multilingual, I must say I
disagree with you in this case Sj. What you suggest is interested for
meta probably (but the flags), but The Foundation is american, and the
language used is english, so it is really okay that the portal page is
in english.

I essentially wish that other languages are available for most, if not
all pages. And I wish that every reader see this is available.

But for an american foundation, it makes sense to give priority to
english language.

Btw, I do not think that all pages will be necessarily translated :-) so
  our solution should include that when a page is not available, then
there  is a switch back to english (or a "we are sorry" message on top,
with the english version below).

ant