[Commons-l] Ogg Theora is too hard to play.WeneedYouTube-styleFlash streaming video.

Platonides Platonides at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 20:55:10 UTC 2006

"Gregory Maxwell" wrote:
>> Seems i misunderstood.
>> I find references to "continually improved", "if it doesn't work try in a
>> few days" a
>> bit frustrating. But hell, this may be me ;-)
>
> Why would it tell you how to call it?
To have the vi folks know? So i can know they are calling it badly? ;-)

> The calling conventions are
> embodied in the enwiki templates that use it (at the moment).
Well, as i don't go too much by en: i didn't know.

BTW: Do you know that if you follow (on the template which link to
your free and gnu-compilable sound tool) the [[beta]] link referring
to it you get a Vista screenshot?

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Listen  for an example.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bassoon#Audio_examples
Thanks. This sounds² much better. :-)

Bugging you again:
If i stop a music while it is being played, the sound which was hearing
keeps vibrating... i needed to kill java (i.e. the browser).
Seems like sending "Start note" and -as stopping it- missing "Stop note"

Platonides

² On both senses :D