[Commons-l] Commons != kindergarden

geni geniice at gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 21:58:39 UTC 2006

> For the same reason anyone can edit. Our usual practice is to get the
> maximal contribution input then clean it up afterward, rather than try
> to limit it before the fact.

And as a result we still have a load of stuff in [[en:Category:Images
used with permission]] and my talk page is filling up with people
complaining that I keep deleting their images.

We also have issues such as trying to dig figure out when a copyvio
entered an article and according to certian message board posts people
getting threatening letters for useing wikipedia images in good faith.

For once it would be nice not to have to try and play catch up.

--
geni