[Wiktionary-l] Re: Case - Sensitivity for Wiktionaries

Tomasz Sienicki tsca at edb.dk
Sat May 29 18:18:06 UTC 2004

 Ronny Raschkowan wrote:

> I asked TimStarling if it would be possible to convert then the de:
> Wiktionary to case-sensitivity, that means to  turn the automatic
> capitalisation off.

 Are we talking about full case-sensitivity (User:Aa being a different
 account that User:aa; special:recentchanges not found, etc) or simply
 about case-preservation in titles?

 Would the change mean that the already existing articles stay capitalised,
 or would they be converted to lower case? Would the existing links be
 converted as well?

> What do you think about that idea? Should it be voted on all the local
> Wiktionaries or only discussed here? Which shouldn't be converted?

 At this moment there's enough confusion with 1.3 intruduction and fixing;
 perhaps we should wait with the case-sensitivity issue until the new interface
 problems are resolved and there's time to deal with the situations the new case
 treatment might cause?

--
 tsca * Tomasz Sienicki
 (Polish Wiktionary, 6100 pages, 5600 entires)