[Wikipedia-l] Wikipedia in schools, and blocked IP:s

Platonides Platonides at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 21:40:23 UTC 2006

I think the teachers should talk with the devs before, just as any visit to
a library or museum, in order to have the account throttling lifted for some
hours / for that ip. Having the teacher with a sysop on-hand (e.g. the
teacher is on irc) would help a lot too.
We should create some kind of burocrat process. Information for teachers
would be good, too. They are often unaware of our tricky licensing (how do
you dare to put me -a teacher- 'copyvio'?). I'd like the foundation/chapters
publishng docent material for teachers, also with a process to avoid
blockings and a contact person in case of problems.

Platonides