[Wikipedia-l] Commons delinker for all wikis

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 08:34:39 UTC 2006

Platonides wrote:
> "Gerard Meijssen" wrote:
>
>> Hoi,
>> It may be that you have requested this somewhere. And it may be that
>> this was at this very mailinglist, but when you want to ask ALL the
>> wikis than it is an effort that is blind sided because there is more to
>> all these wikis than just wikipedia. I am sure that I did not notice
>> anything like this on the wiktionary mailing list.
>>
>> Consequently I do not know how you measure support ..
>>
>> Thanks,
>>    GerardM
>>

> Support is measured as the as the votes given on
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Requests_for_permissions/CommonsDelinker
>
> I wasn't the was which requested it, I simply gave this up here as this is
> the international mailing list, trying to reach as many projects as
> possible. This also appeared on Wikizine 43.
> You are encouraged to copy this into the wiktionary mailing list, and
> wikisource's, and wikinews, wikiuniversity... and also on your local
> language (please translate!) wikials-l, wikiar-l, wikida-l, wikide-l,
> wikien-l, wikieo-l, wikies-l, wikifi-l, wikifr-l, wikihi-l, wikiia-l,
> wikiis-l, wikiit-l, wikija-l, wikimk-l, wikinl-l, wikino-l, wikipl-l,
> wikiru-l, wikisa-l, wikisv-l, wikita-l, wikiskan-l And also on as many
> hundreds of Village pumps as you want.
>
> No matter what is done, there will still be wikis not noticing. So the
> support must be measured from those which spoke at time...
> In fact, there wasn't necessary to inform all the wikis or get ther support.
> This could arrive as do all the software updates. Trunk has updates everyday
> and communities are not asked if they want each revision or not.
>
> If you can improve it, please explain how. I see you message quite obscure:
> "you are doing this wrong" :S
Hoi,
Yes, it has been done wrong because it is thought to be sufficient to
ask things that are relevant to all projects on the Wikipedia-l. It is
absolutely inappropriate. It may be the international mailing list but
it is only the Wikipedia mailing list. It is really nice that you
suggest that I may copy it to other mailing list. I am of the opinion
that this has been done wrong. This is not obscure, this is not
considering that there is more to the Wikimedia Foundation than either
Commons or Wikipedia.
It is really nice that you send a message to all these Wikipedia mailing
list but it is outrageous to suggest that the other projects have to
accept what you propose because they have not been informed.
Thanks,
    GerardM