[Wikipedia-l] Commons delinker for all wikis

Platonides Platonides at gmail.com
Sun Oct 8 20:35:22 UTC 2006

"Gerard Meijssen" wrote:
> Hoi,
> It may be that you have requested this somewhere. And it may be that
> this was at this very mailinglist, but when you want to ask ALL the
> wikis than it is an effort that is blind sided because there is more to
> all these wikis than just wikipedia. I am sure that I did not notice
> anything like this on the wiktionary mailing list.
>
> Consequently I do not know how you measure support ..
>
> Thanks,
>    GerardM

Support is measured as the as the votes given on
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Requests_for_permissions/CommonsDelinker

I wasn't the was which requested it, I simply gave this up here as this is
the international mailing list, trying to reach as many projects as
possible. This also appeared on Wikizine 43.
You are encouraged to copy this into the wiktionary mailing list, and
wikisource's, and wikinews, wikiuniversity... and also on your local
language (please translate!) wikials-l, wikiar-l, wikida-l, wikide-l,
wikien-l, wikieo-l, wikies-l, wikifi-l, wikifr-l, wikihi-l, wikiia-l,
wikiis-l, wikiit-l, wikija-l, wikimk-l, wikinl-l, wikino-l, wikipl-l,
wikiru-l, wikisa-l, wikisv-l, wikita-l, wikiskan-l And also on as many
hundreds of Village pumps as you want.

No matter what is done, there will still be wikis not noticing. So the
support must be measured from those which spoke at time...
In fact, there wasn't necessary to inform all the wikis or get ther support.
This could arrive as do all the software updates. Trunk has updates everyday
and communities are not asked if they want each revision or not.

If you can improve it, please explain how. I see you message quite obscure:
"you are doing this wrong" :S