[Wikipedia-l] POV-push on meta by admin User:Millosh in policy draft

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 17:37:51 UTC 2006

On 11/15/06, GerardM <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hoi,
> Calling the difference between Cyrillic script and Latin script anything
> but
> significant is brain dead.

There is a difference between script and orthography. Moldovan Cyrillic
script and Romanian Latin script
are definitely different. While their orthography, hardly (from
Merriam-Webster: "the art of writing words with the proper letters according
to standard usage"). Standard usage is identical (almost) in both cases.

> What Millosh wrote on Meta about Moldovan is something that I would
> support.
> I expect that the language subcommittee supports it as well.

1. "nation/ethnicity not well established, in the

> process of assimilation with Romanian nation"
>
> Try to tell nowadays
to a Moldovan (statistically average Moldovan) that he is becoming
more and more Romanian day-by-day. I'd be amused to observe his or her
reaction..

My brief remarks,
Liviu