[Wikipedia-l] Montenegrin Wikipedia should be opened

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 13:31:18 UTC 2006

Hoi,
The decision to start Wikimedia Foundation projects are based on
languages not on countries. You use as an argument that people are
working on a project using MediaWiki. I hope they enjoy themselves doing
this. The point where it starts to make sense to ask for a new project
is when it is clear that Montenegrin is a different language or when it
is clear that there are other reasons like a difference in script that
may make for a sufficient difference that a new project is warranted.
When you mistake this for a political reason, you are sadly mistaken.

Starting on the incubator does not a languages make.

Thanks,
     GerardM