[Wikipedia-l] Require confirmed email address to upload images?

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 21:35:00 UTC 2006

Hoi,
A proposal is discussed that suggest that something "needs" to be done.
This need is not substantiated but it is assumed to be there. The idea
of a bell-curve is an argument that Jimmy used in one of his
presentations to point out to alarmists that there is a perceived crisis
but not much of an actual crisis. However, given the volume of pictures
that end up on Commons, I can understand and sympathise with the people
who deal with this to some extend.
Thanks,
   GerardM