[Wikipedia-l] Require confirmed email address to upload images?

Brad Patrick bradp.wmf at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 20:49:59 UTC 2006

I would be interested to know on what data you rest your conclusions.
GMaxwell will back up his statements about the nature of the problem with
actual numbers (won't you Greg?)  =)

As to Tomasz' statements, I am equally interested in hearing what data, if
any, could be marshalled support your broad assertions.  They don't strike
me as valid, though I could be proven wrong.  I have doubts that will be the
case.

Erik's point is well taken; the deletionists have the better argument as far
as Commons goes, so I lean in his direction on that point.  I do know that
there is still a lot of garbage in Commons nevertheless.

I still don't see, especially in the case of single login, how providing an
email address is a net loss for those who upload images.  Nobody has
answered why the balance should tilt in favor of single-uploaders rather
than established users.