[Wikipedia-l] Use of images (again)

Berto albertoserra at ukr.net
Wed Jun 28 16:55:12 UTC 2006

Hi!

>http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Main_Page&uselang=pms
Okay, this will do the trick. Now we need to find a way to modify the local
upload/url into a link to commons.

>I am
>talking about a drop-down box for anonymous users to go through the
>signup process. At the moment no one has this, it is a new feature.
That;a good thing , too :)

>Yes, indeed... it is possible to make the upload page link to Commons,
>but they will of course be taken to Commons. And until we have
>universal login, they will have to sign up again.
This is going to happen only the first time for frequent users, if they
check the box to mantain the login active. Anyway, it will be*much* better
when it won't happen at all.

>19/20 do not use
>categories, so I don't expect pms-users to be any different. :)
LOL I'll be *very* happy when they will at least learn how to use their own
grammar and write locatives, datives and articles in such a way that one can
read them... I guess categories will be really the last of their worries,
for the time being. Yet, in time they will learn, if we can manage to
translate the titles.

>When it comes to interacting with other users, unless a PMS admin
>takes on a lot of translation, they will probably have to use some
>English or something else. I encourage all Commons users to use Babel
>boxes.
We live in a multilinguistic environment, so personal relations are their
own business. So far it's not many of them using personal pages at all.
Piedmontese people tend to be shy :))

See you in private
Bèrto