[Wikipedia-l] Moldovan wikipedia, again

Mark Williamson node.ue at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 15:34:27 UTC 2006

If that's the real issue here, why didn't you vote to delete the
Kanuri Wikipedia?

Face it: the real issue here is Cyrillic. You're trying to mask it.

As it is, the Moldovan Wikipedia is growing weekly. I have heard vague
complaints that there are "too many mistakes", but the people who say
such things never give examples when asked to elaborate, leading me to
believe that they are just full of hot air.

Also, check out http://stats.wikimedia.org/EN/TablesArticlesBytesPerArticle.htm

The Romanian Wikipedia may pretend to be huge, but most of it's stubs
and one-word articles. You have 1407 bytes per article.

The Moldovan Wikipedia, on the other hand, weighs in at 2491 bytes per article.

...and, if I were administrator right now, I would've deleted all of
the empty and spam articles, substantially increasing that number.

Your Wikipedia may be larger than ours, but ours is higher quality.
Maybe we should delete the Romanian Wikipedia instead? As you can see,
it is clearly substandard -- the only Wikipedia of its size with less
bytes per article is the Swedish Wikipedia. No other Wikipedia is as
low, until you get down under 7000 articles.

Mark

On 24/06/06, Jacky PB <dpotop1 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> > ... it should be closed now
>
> Amen !
> (I cut the oppinion of Francis Tyers out of a context that hides it).
>
> > If only it were possible to get a non-involved party to look at this for
> > 5 minutes and decide one way or the other. It would save everyone a hell
> > of a lot of time. What we need is a knee jerk binding judgement! (of
> > course this is said partly in jest, but we really aren't going to get
> > anywhere by 'discussing' this).
>
> Well, **you** of all are non-involved. And after following this discussion for a **long** time you ended with the same conclusion: Regardless of what the Moldovan language is or is not, there are no native contributors, and there is one single contributor overall (who actually cannot contribute because he is at level mo-2). Isn't this enough?
>
> Dpotop

Refije dirije lanmè yo paske nou posede pwòp bato.