[Wikipedia-l] Marketing: a question

Sabine Cretella sabine_cretella at yahoo.it
Wed Jul 12 11:45:42 UTC 2006

Hi Berto,

consider that it is less of a problem when the authors are for example
three/four you know. If you all agree to publish that specific article
under another license (for example cc-by) you can do that - this means:
each author can publish the own work under various licenses.

Small wikipedias like us (pms, nap, lmo etc.) have less problems in that
way - it is enough that you take the article, contact all contributors
(of course anonymous contributors cannot be contacted ... don't really
know how to deal with that one) and have them state that the article may
be used under license xyz for the publication in newspaper abc. Creative
Commons licenses are somewhat better ... you do not have to include the
whole text of a license there.

Another possibility for us small wikipedias who want to go that way is:
ask contributors to state that they would agree to a double-licensing
(for example cc-by) of their work. I suppose most of us will gladly do
that, because we want to spread the information and not close it down in
an electronical format.

Ciao, Sabine