[Wikipedia-l] Where are the decision makers?

ScottL scott at mu.org
Tue Jul 4 12:07:29 UTC 2006

   From the BBC article posted way way back on this thread it appears
that the schools for ethnically Moldavian children in Transdniester
actually use the Latin script if they can, and some times they do it
when they are officially being persecuted.  At least that is what the
article said.  As far as I can tell the (non-moldavian speaking) people
in power are trying (unsuccessfully) to impose this script.  Now it
probably is likely older people in the region still use it and its
probably in public use but I am not sure you can say that its in many
schools. At least not to a point where students are learning it to the
exclusion of the Latin based script.

SKL