[Wikipedia-l] Common Interwiki links

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Sat Jul 1 11:53:08 UTC 2006

I have (finally) updated a page I made 1.5 years ago, containing for
many languages the pages on the English Wikipedia that have many
interwikis, but none to that specific language. The list can be found
at [[meta:Common Interwiki links]]. I have shown those languages for
which the number 100 in that list had less than 50 interwiki links.

Most Interwiki links in total had the page [[India]], a wopping 150.
Also more than than 100 were in: [[True Jesus Church]] (132),
[[Wikipedia]] (129), [[Kurów]] (114), [[United States]] (113),
[[Europe]] (112), [[Bible]] (109), [[Lithuania]] (108), [[Germany]]
(107), [[Russia]] (106), [[Christianity]] (104), [[English language]]
(104), [[France]] (103), [[Geography]] (103) and [[Biology]] (101).

Here the language shown on the page, with for each language a few
examples out of the highest pages on the list (that is, the pages with
most interwiki links without one to that language):

ar: Haiti, Film and Vladimir Putin
bg: German, Iran and Mahatma Gandhi
ca: Ankara, Lion and James Joyce
cs: Hindi, Welsh and Boston Massachusetts
da: Japanese, Law and Virus
de: Avian flu, Mohs scale and Yoghurt
eo: Hard disk, Roman Catholic Church and the Pythagorean theorem
es: North Africa, Abacus and Cooking
et: Architecture, Antarctica and Spanish
eu: Jesus, Japan and Computer
fi: Tourism, Education and Mythology
fr: Greek, Hobby and the Four color theorem
gl: Jesus, Buddhism and Gold
he: 1641, Villeneuve d'Ascq and Korean
hr: Computer, Georgia (country) and Beijing
hu: Algeria, Vladimir Putin and the days of the week
id: Medicine, Buddhism and Dance
it: Jakarta, Leif Ericson and Republic
ja: 1685, Aragonese and Bihar
ko: Dance, Marco Polo and Law
lt: Katowice, China and Qur'an
nl: Domestic pig, Sugar and Plasma
nn: Biology, Mathematics and Plato
no: Sea, Engineering and Sahara
pl: B, Earth's atmosphere and Metaphysics
pt: GNU, Atomic mass and Biotechnology
ro: Bird, Politics and AIDS
ru: Mahatma Gandhi, National anthem and Earth science
simple: Jordan, Che Guevara and Marie Curie
sk: Iceland, Moscow and Christmas
sl: Geology, Angela Merkel and Los Angeles
sr: Solar system, Operating system and Beijing
sv: United Arab Emirates, Education and Alcohol
th: Chess, Agriculture and many African countries
tr: Thailand, Pope and Animal
uk: Algeria, George W. Bush and Karl Marx
zh: Money, Antonio Vivaldi and Aikido

Andre Engels, andreengels at gmail.com
ICQ: 6260644  --  Skype: a_engels