[Wikipedia-l] Individual Wikipedias for different Sinitic vernaculars (Cantonese debate) - update

MilchFlasche瑋平 robertus0617 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 04:36:54 UTC 2005

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 11:49:11 +0800, Alex Kwan <litalex at slashyalex.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> MilchFlasche瑋平 wrote:
> > they are all transcribed in hanzi. I myself would like to see several
> > whole articles totally in Wu or Cantonese, just to stun me how hard it
> > is for a Mandarin speaker to understand those languages.
>
> Give me a topic and I might try (for Cantonese/Yue).
> little Alex

Well then... How about an entry on Faye Wong, or on "Huang
Daxian"(黃大仙)? Or to take some more "formal" topic (althought I don't
like the distinction between "serious" and "relaxed" topics; why
should we judge topics in respect to their relation with academic or
politic issues?), how about an entry for Dong Jianhua or "two systems
with in one nation"(一國兩制)?

Thank you a lot!:)

--
2005, make signs happen!