[Wikipedia-l] Re: A portal page for www.wikipedia.org (was Re: Why www.wikipedia.org => en.wikipedia.org ?)

Pete/Pcb21 pete_pcb21_wpmail at pcbartlett.com
Sun Jan 9 15:45:45 UTC 2005

Anthere wrote:

> I do not think there were be links broken now.

It is very strange that no-one seems to have picked up on this.
There are clearly many many more links to http://www.wikipedia.org
(expecting to link to an English language encyclopedia) than ever
before. The decision has been taken to break these links.

Whether the cost of breaking those links is worth the gain of getting a
international portal is debatable.

More interesting to me is how this episode shows how what really matters
is in getting something changed is what a tiny number of people think,
not what the unwashed masses (who a: can't programme a computer and b:
aren't on the board) think.

Pete/pcb21