[Wikipedia-l] Re: Bibliography

Jens Ropers ropers at ropersonline.com
Sun Jan 9 09:29:41 UTC 2005

On 9 Jan 2005, at 08:06, Karl Eichwalder wrote:

> I consider Wikisource as superfluous.  We should join forces with the
> "Project Gutenberg" (that's what I do).

In theory I'd be inclined to agree. Yet Project Gutenberg does not
anywhere near have the "instant editability" that Wikisource has. (Of
course a "Gutenbergian" can do anything they like anytime they please
-- but AFAIK the only way to avoid duplication of another Gutenberg
contributor's past or present efforts is to go through some red tape --
Contacting people, asking writing emails...) So, yes, maybe we should
merge. Of course they are established, have "brand recognition" and
have already completed lots of work, so "us *joining* them" would maybe
be the better (more polite and palatable to them) way of putting it.
But if were to merge/join, we should bring the wiki concept along.

Just thoughts though.

-- ropers [[en:User:Ropers]]
     www.ropersonline.com